Search My Downloads

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na


http://quicksilverscreen.com/watch?video=310820


Friday, July 11, 2008

JAANE TU YA JAANE NA

Saw the movie last Friday and wanted to put this up immediately…but well, I am too lazy to do anything on a weekend and on Monday I totally forgot about it… One of my friends at work saw it yesterday and was talking about it in the office and thats when I remembered I had to put this up.

OK... to start with, this is a trademark Aamir Khan movie which not just promised but delivered quality and freshness...wow!!!! Its a typical love story and still nothing typical about it.

Imraan Khan is just sooooooo cute and good looking....he looks like a Hollywood actor, reminded me of Collin Farrell for some reason!!! There have been many debuts, some flops, some hits....some over hyped some even go unnoticed...but this one is simply brilliant...first movie and Imraan has not made even a single mistake...AWESOME is not the word!!!

Any way he is named Jai in this movie, nick named Rats. His best friend is Aditi aka Meow...Genelia - by the way, I din like the way she delivered her role and the way she talked ...maybe its just me, maybe she was asked to do it...hvnt seen any of her other movies so will drop this topic rite here.

The one thing I loved about the movie is the fact that there is no hoopla around introducing the main characters; they just flow in with the story…no boom bang n crash, no multiple angles and zoom in shots…its all so natural!

All other supporting characters have delivered there parts brilliantly... nothing is over done and the movie has been executed exactly as it shud have been…like they say - Just what the doctor ordered. (A guy just passed by me and was smelling his arm pits.....eeeeewwww!!! LOSER)

Ok back to the movie...the dialogues are witty and HILLLLLLarious. And its all clean fun....no useless double meaning jokes or cheap scenes. Its a lovely movie...a cute love story without being sappy and corny!!! Thts a great achievement I must say.

Frankly, I have never seen a love story being treated so well. Its very very fresh and endearingly cute. LOL.

Oh!!! And how can I forget the SURPRISE packages - Naseerudin Shah and Paresh Rawal...Mind Blowing I say!!! You got to see it to know what I am talking about. Both of them are incredible in the execution of their very small but extremely significant roles. Every time they came on screen, I almost fell out of my chair…laughed so hard that my mouth was hurting. Damn!!!

And what do I say bout the music....hmmmm....do I actually need to say nethn bout it??? Ok I will. Its perfect for the movie, and is NOT the typical A. R. Rehman music. Actually I love all the songs. But despite the fact that “Pappu cant dance saala” and “Kabhi Kabhi” are topping the charts, I personally find "Nazarein milana" the best.

Here are some of my favorite moments from the movie [by the way you will find such fantastic moments in abundance in the movie] which made me fall in love with the movie and well Imraan Khan too...Sigh!!! I wish I was younger or he was older...hi hi hi!!! Ok here we go -
Aditi’s parents and Jai’s discussion {must have seen parts of it in the movie trailer}
“On the phone beta” - Oh I forgot to mention that Ratna pathak shah has also done a great job as Jai's mother...like I said, all characters are Just Perfect!
Jiggy the piggy and Rotlu’s love stories!!!
The brother-sister conversation between Aditi and Amit when Amit takes her to his room - so so so touching and warm
The conversation between Jai’s mom n dad...especially the end when the mom leaves and the dad keeps shouting from the frame!!! eeehiiihahahaha :D
Tera Mujhse hai phale ka nata koi… Yun hi nahi dil lubhata koi…Jane tu…ya jane na…LOL!!!

Cant understand na? Well then GO WATCH IT!!! Sachhi mein, its worth every penny.

And ya ya ya...I know most people are saying that the end could have been better and not so typical n etc etc etc...but blah!! I loved it...the whole pt of the movie is that its not sumthn totally different but at the same time its the treatment of the story, the direction, the dialogues that makes it so different...it IS a love story and it IS between 2 young people and so it has to end like one...rite?

Any way, my verdict is that its a story about love and friendship that makes you smile through out the length of the movie and laugh a lot too. Immensely enjoyable and highly entertaining, a movie you must not miss!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails